Answered

netflix and no atmos

• 2 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just checking to see if anyone else is having issues with Netflix not showing atmos logo (just 5.1) so no atmos playing. This occurs when using Appletv and Firestick. The Sony a90j oled apps shows the atmos logo on Netflix. What is strange is that no atmos on Netflix but HBO max and Apple TV+ have atmos via Apple TV and Firestick. This may be another reason to drop Netflix since I am paying for the enhanced level of Netflix and not getting what I pay for.  Does anyone have a fix?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 August 2022, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Log in to your Netflix account on a web browser and go under your account settings. Under Profile & Parental Controls > Playback Settings, change Data Usage Per Screen to HIGH.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I switched it to high as you recommended and then switched it back to auto where I always had it and was receiving atmos up till yesterday and magically everything is back to atmos as it should. Spending too much time trying to adjust settings when I just want to enjoy good sounds. Thanks for the response