Answered

Netflix 5.1 sound has hiccups. ‘Normal’ sound works flawless

• 16 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Hey guys,

I’m having issues with this for a while now and it’s bugging me. My setup is as follows:
Sony Bravia smart tv
Sonos Beam connected through HDMI ARC

Whenever I stream a Netflix title with 5.1 sound (which is default), the sound hiccups once in a while. Could be every minute, once in a few minutes or multiple times in a few seconds. As soon as I switch to the non 5.1 sound, everything is fine.
Also, if I pull out the hdmi arc cable with a 5.1 netflix title streaming and sound switches to built in tv speakers, everything is fine as well.
Any ideas how to remove the hiccups?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 16 January 2019, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I would check the audio settings on the Bravia, and remove anything that looks like extra processing, if that makes sense. It could be that the TV isn't able to keep up, so setting it so it basically just passes the audio through could help.

Other than that, I'd submit a diagnostic.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US
Just did that, but didn’t help unfortunately. There were only like 2 or 3 options and they were already set to stanard or off. I have submitted a diagnostic. Do I need to contact customer care for this?
Just did that, but didn’t help unfortunately. There were only like 2 or 3 options and they were already set to stanard or off. I have submitted a diagnostic. Do I need to contact customer care for this?

Post the reference # here and a Sonos tech will get back to you.
Diagnositic reference number: 590653895

Thanks guys!