Answered

Need some help connecting my PS5 and LG CX to my Sonos Arc

• 13 September 2021
  • 29 replies

I have a Sonos Arc standalone with no other speakers or subs. I am almost tearing my hair out trying to solve the below conundrum for hours now.

My PS5 is connected to the HDMI 3 port on my LG CX. My Sonos Arc is connected to the LG CX through HDMI 2 (eArc port).

On my TV sound settings, I have enabled eArc. Digital sound-out is "pass-through". In HDMI Input Audio format, both HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 are set to PCM.

On my PS5, I have set "AV Amplifier----> 5.1 channel----> SOund output: Linear PCM".

Despite the above setting, the Sonos app is telling me its outputting Multichannel PCM 7.1 indicating I am missing 2 full channels of sound.

How do I fix this? I don't want to change the PS5 output to Dolby and HDMI 3 Input in TV settings to Bitstream as I have heard PCM is better than Dolby for gaming.

Can someone please help with this? What settings should I change to output 5.1 on my sound bar?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 April 2022, 18:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Hello, I have a big problem with my Sonos Arc, LG G1 and Ps5 using blu-ray UHD.

My PS5 is connected to my LG tv via hdmi3 port (set in bitstream on my tv),  my LG G1 is connected to my Sonos Arc via HDMI 2 with eArc enabled (set in bitstream on my tv). Passthrough enabled. The problem is that now I cannot hear any dolby audio track in most of all my blu rays UHD...could you tell me please the best setting options on my PS5 and LG G1? I called the Sonos help line but unfortunately it didn't work. I usually hear the dolby tracks (but not the DTS tracks..) but now i can’t hear them anymore and I don’t know why...thank you in advance...

On the PS5, make sure the HDMI Device Type setting is set to AV Amplifier, not Soundbar.

When watching DTS-encoded Blu-ray discs, Audio Format (Priority) should be set to Linear PCM. If you prefer lossy DTS Digital Surround audio from DTS discs, change this setting to DTS.

When watching Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos encoded Blu-ray discs, change Audio Format (Priority) to Dolby.

When watching Blu-ray discs, there is another audio setting that must be adjusted when you start the disc. Tap the Options button on the controller, select the “…” and change the Audio Format setting to Bitstream for Dolby-encoded discs. Change this setting to Linear PCM for Multichannel PCM audio from DTS-encoded discs. Change this setting to Bitstream for DTS Digital Surround audio from DTS-encoded discs.

Thank you! Now it works! Could you tell me please if it is best to choose 7.1 or 5.1 channel when setting AV Amplifier?

Userlevel 7

Thank you! Now it works! Could you tell me please if it is best to choose 7.1 or 5.1 channel when setting AV Amplifier?

Since the Arc maxes out at five channels, go with 5.1.

Since the Arc maxes out at five channels, go with 5.1.

Thanks again!

The Arc presently has an difficulty down mixing PCM 7.1 to PCM five.1. Sonos is privy to this down mixing trouble and is presently running on solving it.