Question

Need help putting together an ARC with a third party subwoofer amp and in wall sub.

• 25 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m putting together a system now while the walls are open. We want to use an ARC with  a third party subwoofer amp (and in wall sub). It seems we need to use the SONOS Amp just for the Sub out RCA to go to the third party sub woofer amp. I’m not 100% certain so I’m wondering if any one has experience and/or knowledge of this so I’d really appreciate some feedback. Specifically what is being sent to that sub out on the SONOS amp?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There is no Sonos solution for using a Sonos sound bar of any type and a third party subwoofer. 

You could conceivably use a Sonos Amp, which would restrict you to a interpolated center speaker created by the Front Left and Front Right speakers of your choice. In that use case, the Amp’s subwoofer output is active. When the Amp is being used to drive surround speakers, the subwoofer output is turned off. 

Note that when the Amp is used as the Home theater interpreter, you’re restricted to Dolby Digital, Atmos is not an option. 

If you’re at the point of open walls, and considering speakers before adding drywall, I’d consider a wired solution that provides a full 7.1 or 7.2 opportunity, which at this point in time is not Sonos.