Need help connecting appleTV, Sonos Arc and Philips HDMI Sync to Sony Bravia 65”

• 25 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello all! I am having a problem connecting my new Sonos arc to my Apple TV and my Philips HDMI sync. If anyone can explain the proper setup it would be greatly appreciated. 
thank you all in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Connect your Apple TV to an HDMI port on your Philips Hue Sync box and then connect that to an HDMI port on your Sony TV. Here’s a YouTube video that should help with that part of the setup:

https://youtu.be/mw1FK74-Hu8

Connect your Sonos Arc direct to the HDMI-Arc/eARC port on your Sony TV and ensure HDMI-CEC is enabled (often called Bravia Link or Bravia Sync on Sony products).

Use the audio codecs set to ‘Auto’ or if that doesn’t work for any reason then try Dolby Digital Plus (Atmos) or whatever Dolby codecs the TV supports and set the digital audio to ‘pass-through’ the TV ports if that option is available in the TV settings.

Do not use DTS-X or DTS-HQ audio codecs as they are not currently supported.

Hope that assists to get your system up and running.