Question

My sonos system stopped playing sound from my TV all of a sudden...why?

• 1 October 2017
  • 10 replies

I have done some research on various forums and haven't been able to find a solution as to why my Sonos stopped playing sound from my TV (samsungJUN65JU7100F). My sonos system will play sound from apps like Pandora or on my phone though. I tried toggling the power, verified my TV audio is set to PCM, I verified that the optical cable has a red light on it, I even tried a new optical cable and the results didn't change. Diagnostics 7903144

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I'd recommend that you post a diagnostic in this thread, it may resolve your issues, it has for many other Samsung owners.

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926
Airgetlam, thanks for you input. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything that resolved my issue. It's crazy how many people have experienced the same issue. Hopefully Sonos support staff can help me out.
Having same problem. Mine went out. I unplugged it and it came back then I changed the channel and it cut out again....what is going on sonos....I have seen tons of people with same problem. Please send update asap.
Same problem here. Some channels work and some do not. On one of the channels with no sound, I let it sit for fifteen minutes or so and then the sound randomly came on.

My setup is a Samsung TV with HDMI to the TV from cable box and then an optical out to the Playbar. For now, I reverted to the TV speakers...

Also having some issues with songs via Pandora ending early and skipping to another song.

Any ideas would be welcomed! Thanks.
As i tried to indicate earlier, if it's a TV issue (not streaming music) then you need to post a diagnostic in the thread I linked to. That will get you signed up for a "beta" build, that appears to be resolving most people's issues regarding PLAYBAR and surround speakers not working while connected to a TV. The majority of people who have gotten that "beta" build by posting a diagnostic seem to have had their issues resolved by that build (7.4.1, but it only gets applied to the PLAYBAR itself, none of the other speakers). If you take the time to read through the thread, you'll see quite a few people who have been kind enough to come back and tell the folks at Sonos that it resolved their issues.

On a personal note, I find it interesting that a significant number of those who have posted in that thread have Samsung TVs.

There is no other solution in that thread. It's not something that you can read, and be told what things to do that will fix your problems. You must post a diagnostic, and the folks from Sonos will assign that special build to your account for downloading.

SPS IA, I suspect your problems are something else, most likely Wifi Interference . Still, you may want to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
Airgetlam, thanks for taking time to provide clarification. I posted my diagnostics to the link you provided. If they install the beta only on my soundbar (and not my play 1s) that means only my soundbar will work??
There's a high chance, yes. Since I don't have access to the diagnostic data, I can't tell if you're experiencing the exact issue that this "beta" build is designed to resolve, but I'd estimate you have about a 98% chance. Of all the people who have posted in that thread, I think I've seen 2 people that it didn't resolve the issue for.
Good Evening. Thanks for the comments and insight! I have been gone from this home for a few weeks and am just now getting back to this item. Still having the issue on certain channels.

I just submitted a diagnostic: 7981025

Also, my Samsung TV model is:
UN65KU6290

On a side note— my setup runs HDMI from cable box to TV, then optical audio out of TV to Playbar. I get some lag between sound and voices on the screen. Is it advisable to run optical audio direct from cable box to Playbar?

Thanks,
Sean
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, SPS IA. Are you still having troubles with your Sonos system on specific channels? There have been a few updates since you posted. If so, please submit another diagnostic report and I will be happy to take a look.
Same issue as others on this thread. Diagnostic 8199310
My TV is a LG55EG960V unlike the Samsung majority. How do I get the beta update?