Muting the beam from TV remote

• 16 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I’m new to Sonos and have just got a Beam. I have it connected to my Samsung TV and love the sound. However, I’ve found that when I first turn on the TV and start to watch, I can’t mute the sound using the mute button on the remote.
If I turn on, then change the volume first, I can mute without a problem. If I don’t change the volume, the mute doesn’t work. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi there, gnjames. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. Would you mind reproducing the problem and shortly after, submitting a diagnostic report? Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. This should give us an idea of the commands received by the Beam. Thanks!
Hi Keith. Thanks for the reply. Typically, even though my wife and I have both come across the problem independently and could replicate, it’s all behaving properly today. I don’t know if the diagnostic will be much use - confirmation 58051974. Thanks again.
Hi Keith. Had a few recurrences since my last post but have only just submitted the diagnostic.
Ref 1734940022.

Turned in the tv, tried to mute, no joy.