Answered

Multichannel PCM on Arc

Show first post

328 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

A Sonos staff member, Corry P. stated last week this was not addressed in the latest update.

Userlevel 7

@GuitarSuperstar - Sonos just released a 13.2 update with bug fixes - I wonder if you wouldn’t mind checking if multichannel PCM 7.1 mixing issue has finally been resolved?

@madhav @khaz22 @Corry P I’m happy to report the LPCM 7.1 to 5.1 down mixing problem seems to have been fixed with the latest update.

I played the DTS Sound Check from a DTS demo disc with a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 track. Before the Sonos update, my rear speakers didn’t play the test tones from the left rear and right rear surround channels. I would only hear the test tones from the side left and side right channels. Now I can hear the test tones from all four surround channels playing from my rear speakers.

The only thing that is still incorrect is the Sonos app is showing “Multichannel PCM 7.1” when I play the 5.1 test tones DTS Sound Check. But all channels are playing through each speaker correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GuitarSuperstar 

I’m glad to hear you’ve spotted an improvement! As mentioned on another thread, we’re still not announcing it as fixed though. I’ve checked some internal documentation and it’s still not official. However, if it’s usable it’s usable - great!