Answered

Moving my Sonos 1's from bedroom & kitchen to media room

• 23 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a surround system in my media room with a beam, sub, and two sonos 1’s as rear speakers.

I also have one in my bedroom, and 1 in the kitchen. These are used very rarely, so I want to add them to the media room. So, I went into my app, and renamed the bedroom to media room, and kitchen to media room- now there are two media rooms in the app. 

How can I add the two sonos one’s as front left, and front right in the media room? Why does this have to be so difficult.

arrgh!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 January 2021, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos does not have the option for three speakers in a home theater setting, except for their sound bars, the Beam and Arc. Those two devices, along with the Sonos Amp, are the only devices that can decode a 5.1 signal.

Sonos has not yet provided a solution in which you can have dedicated and not in a single enclosure,  center, left and right speakers. 

Thank you sir. So there cannot be a  L , Center, R, Sub, and Rear L & R through the system at this time.

So they go back to the kitchen and the Bedroom is what you are saying..

Arrgh.

The maximum speakers in a room is 6. (Eight for the Arc, it has two upward firing ‘Atmos’ speakers). There are three in your Beam, two surround speakers, and a subwoofer. Or, if you prefer in physical boxes terms, four devices, the sound bar, the surround speakers, and the subwoofer. Currently Sonos has not made available a software solution that adds more.

Thank you!

I guess that I should have gotten the Arc?

Oh well.

S-

Thank you!

I guess that I should have gotten the Arc?

Oh well.

S-

No the same applies to the Arc. The extra streams go to the Arc, not to additional speakers.