Answered

Mounting Beam Upside Down - Flexson Adjustable Mount

• 19 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi All

I've purchased a Beam along with a Flexson Adjustable Mount which allow mounting of the Beam upside down, eg, under a kitchen cabinet. Does anyone know how to configure it so that the left and right channels are swapped for correct stereo. It doesn't appear to happen automatically.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by ratty 19 July 2018, 15:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

The channels don't/can't swap. There's no built-in accelerometer.
Thanks ratty

I wondered if that was going to be the case. Would be good if it could be done through the app in software.

Sonos sell the Flexson mount and picture the Beam mounted up side down. I don’t think they should be advertising it this way if it can’t be configured to swap the channels.

Many thanks for the response.
Would be good if it could be done through the app in software.
Absolutely.
I also mounted my SONOS beam upside down under my TV using an inexpensive mount from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/review/R3LUHURMFM1V5K/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv) and I too would like to be able to swap stereo LEFT/RIGHT. This seems like an essential and quite simple device settings request, especially as noted above - since the SONOS mount option also mounts it upside down!
I also mounted my SONOS beam upside down under my TV using an inexpensive mount from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/review/R3LUHURMFM1V5K/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv) and I too would like to be able to swap stereo LEFT/RIGHT. This seems like an essential and quite simple device settings request, especially as noted above - since the SONOS mount option also mounts it upside down!

I just got the same mount and TV but 43S515 from Best Buy and mounting it upside down. Would it even be possible to swap left/right with a firmware update?
This needs to be added as an option via the app. Makes it so much more flexible.