Question

low voice volume watching tv or movies

• 11 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi Guys 

Having issues with low voice volumes during movies. 

I have switched voice enhancement off and on but its not much better. 

I have a Samsung telly connected to a beam via optical link, a sub and 2x play 1's via WiFi.

Playing music is fine. 

Voices just seem to be drowned out watching movies (Netflix or prime)

Any ideas?

Any ideas 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @scotskig.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Some Netflix content is streamed in Dolby Digital Plus, which might not be supported by your player.

You can try to open the audio settings for Netflix and change the audio format to Stereo instead of Dolby Digital Plus and see if the issue will persist.

This article provides some information on why your Sonos surround speakers may output audio at a low volume when you’re watching TV.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Any ideas?

Other than changing over to a standard HT solution that has a dedicated centre channel for dialogue - subtitles? I use them for movies in all languages.