Loud Volume When turning TV off

• 24 August 2018
  • 5 replies

When I turn the TV off the Playbase’s volume increases to max for a split second letting out the last noise on the tv.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This would likely be an issue with the TV, and not with Sonos, I would think. What kind of TV is it, make and model number? Have you made sure that the firmware is updated on it?

And if it's a Sonos issue, what version of the Sonos software are you using on your PLAYBASE? Have you submitted a diagnostic after turning off the TV, to see if the folks at Sonos can see a volume change event in the data?
TV is a Panasonic TC-P65S2. Just checked firmware and it is up to date.

Playbase version 9.0. Build 44255050.

Just sent a diagnostic. Confirmation # 465988273.
I'll look forward to an analysis from a Sonos rep on that diagnostic. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, rixer7. Thanks for posting and sharing your diagnostic information. I'm not seeing many errors in the diagnostic report. One detail I did notice was that the Playbase keeps recognizing a PCM (Stereo) signal. This leads me to think it may have something to do with the signal being sent to the Playbase. I'm curious if you are able to test the Playbase with any other device that outputs optical audio. By switching the source, we can help determine if the fault is on the Playbase, the cable connecting the two or the source (TV).

Otherwise, it might be best to give our support technicians a call. That way you can get a more real-time support experience.
Got it solved while speaking with tech support.

It ended up that even though my tv speakers were turned off their volume was turned up loud. So I turned the tv speakers back on, turned the volume all the way down, and then turned the tv speakers back off.