Lip sync issues with xbox one on bitsream and playbar/sub

• 31 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have just got a playbar and sub, everything sounds great but I am getting bad audio delay with xbox one. I'ts connected via HDMI to my TV and the TV outputs the optical to the Playbar. I also have a sky Q box connected to the TV via HDMI and that is outputting fine! Both devices are sending Dolby Digital and the TV is passing that via optical. I also have a little android TV box which doesn't appear to have sync issues but I am not sure it's passing dolby I haven't checked in the sonos app yet.

Connecting optical to xbox one direct works better but is not practical for other devices connected to my TV. When switching off bitstream on the xbox and using stereo sync is fine but is no longer dolby 5.1 and defeats the purpose in my new setup. Can't win! Is this an issue with playbar being stuck to using optical only? I am even considering changing the setup for a bose soundtouch and sub if the issue is outdated technology which is now making me think this product for the price is not a good long term investment.

I have done a few searches and nothing concrete seems to come from it. Most all saying audio and hdmi switchers are the way to go. Again what's the point in having a nice easy to use soundbar if you have to start routing everything through switchers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Have the same problem on Xbox one x. Did you ever find a solution?