LG UP970 4K Bluray Player DTS to DD Audio Help

• 17 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I recently purchased the LG UP970 4K bluray player and was starting to play the Dark Knight in 4K and the audio wasn't playing through my playbar, sub and surround setup. I did research a found that it outputs DTS which the playbar doesn't support. I am using an HDMI for the audio out and was wondering if an HDMI audio converter/switcher would work for my situation. I have found this product, https://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-Extractor-Converter-Passthrough/dp/B074HHSJVN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8, but wasn't quite sure whether it would be able to fix the problem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Says it doesn't decode.

AUDIO EDID SETTINGS: 2CH for L/R or SPDIF stereo output; 5.1CH for SPDIF Output, Supports uncompressed audio such as LPCM. Supports DTS Digital / Dolby Digital pass through (Our device does not decode the digital audio, you will still need an end display that is compatible with those formats) ; Does NOT support ARC function.
Badge
Would a HDMI convert work?
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
No idea about that. I am in the same boat with my Panasonic. It only converts DTS-HD to DTS. I bought one movie thinking it had an atmos track and I could only get stereo. The bluray that came with it had 5.1 so the second time I watched it I used that.

It would be nice if the Playbase would support DTS as well to solve this. 5.1 is good enough for me. It don't need all the rest people go on about.
We hare having the same issue. Douglisaa, were you able to resolve it with the product you listed above?
Badge
The sonos playbar doesn't support the format so there is no fix other than get a new bluray player or new sound system.