LG PF1000U

• 19 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Somehow I have an itch about getting a projector to replace my TV. The above projector reviews very well with the Ultra Short Throw capability being extremely helpful.

The question is. Does anybody know if this projector passes through Dolby Digital 5.1? I'm guessing (and hoping) that it does.

I currently use optical outs from my satellite pvr, BT Box and TV but it is a slight pain to have to have to change the selector manually and it is currently stuffed behind the TV so not ideal.

All thoughts gratefully received.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
Hi Stuart,

I brought a PF1000u a few weeks back...not using it with my Playbar, but I do have it connected via optical to another surround system. Yes 5.1 pass through works fine from devices connected via HDMI to the PF1000u, out of the optical port.

Great little projector BTW...just need to make sure you have control of the light sources in the room as it can be washed out with curtains or blinds open. In a dark room, its really good !!

Matt.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thanks. I think you're right about the curtains and also I'll need a proper fixed screen as well.