Question

LG OLED - Sonos theater setup?

• 6 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
Seems like with the new LG OLED TV's you can't integrate sonos with the systems since they come with their own playbar. Will Sonos support these TV's in the future? Seems silly to have two wall bars just to get Sonos functionality. Unfortunate you can't use Sonos with these great TV's.

TV's like this:
http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED65W7P-oled-4k-tv

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

They have an optical port, unless you're aware that they don't/can't output Dolby Digital, why wouldn't they work with Sonos?

Nice TV, by the way.
Badge +1
I guess you would need two sound bars and render the TVs mute. It's not an ideal solution. It'd be nice to integrate with the existing bar.
I wouldn't set up their sound bar, and just use the Sonos one, since I'm already bought in to that environment. At the end of the day, it's the same set up as my current TV. I didn't choose to buy and set up the Vizio soundbar, although it was offered.
Badge +1
The new OLED's from LG don't allow removal of the sound bar. They include the components for video. That's what makes them so slim.
Badge +1
Basically, if you want the best line of OLED TV's you don't have friendly options for setup.
And you can pay more for the privilege. Well, if they still have the optical out, which they appear to do, you could still feed the signal to a Playbar or Connect/Connect:Amp for inclusion in the Sonos universe.