Answered

LG OLED B6 + Sub

• 7 March 2018
  • 5 replies

I just purchased the sub... already have a connected playbar with LG Oled 65b6p. The sub connected, the sound test ran and seemed everything was all good. Afterward, zero sound is coming out of it no matter what I'm watching.

Sound settings are set to Audio Out: Optical/HDMI ARC: Auto (which picks up Dolby digital automatically).

Help! How do I get this $700 sub working with the tv!?
icon

Best answer by Charismaticlee 7 March 2018, 22:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The first thing I'd check is in the controller app, under "About My Sonos System" See what the "audio in" line under the PLAYBAR says. Hopefully it is "Dolby Digital" rather than "PCM/Stereo".

Check what's playing on the TV, too. What source is it? For any device that is connected with an HDMI cable to the TV, you should double check to see that the audio settings are also set to Dolby Digital, just like your TV. Then make sure that what you're testing with is actually in Dolby Digital as well. Many shows on TV are still in stereo, but if you grab a recent movie, it would most likely be in Dolby Digital.

If none of that helps, post back and let us know more.
I contacted the 800# support... we disconnected the sub and readded it. Afterward, everything worked. With the OLEDs, the Setting is Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC).
P.S. There is no Dolby Digital setting with the LG OLED tvs. You have to set it to AUTO.
Yes, you said so. I was talking about all other devices that are connected with an HDMI cable to the TV, which also need to be set to Dolby Digital. Glad to hear that the 800 number was able to get it connected for you.
No, there was never a Dolby Digital setting ANYWHERE. That's what I was talking about. There is nothing connected with an HDMI cable.