Answered

LG C9 + Arc + PS4 Pro Blueray = No Atmos?

• 11 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 5 replies

I’ve been trying to play the Roger Waters The Wall Atmos track off of my PS4 but I’m only able to get 2.0 stereo sound. The TV is set to passthrough audio and the PS4 to Bitstream (Dolby). Anyone one been able to successfully get Atmos with the PS4 and the Arc?

icon

Best answer by nbgr 11 June 2020, 21:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I’m struggling with this too. Mine is LG C8 with Apple tv4k and PS4. 
Apple tv works fine.

i tried PS4 using GoT blu Ray which has Atmos soundtrack, if I put in bit stream output setting (Dolby or DTS) I get lip sync issues and app shows 5.1 as the output. No settings achieve Atmos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

For the C9 make sure the TV firmware is current. Also keep an eye out in the next few months for more firmware updates for the C9. There is an extensive post of C9-success elsewhere today.

Can’t speak to C8 issues, except fixing any is likely a lower priority for LG than C9.

Userlevel 1

Apple tv works fine.

i tried PS4 using GoT blu Ray which has Atmos soundtrack, if I put in bit stream output setting (Dolby or DTS) I get lip sync issues and app shows 5.1 as the output. No settings achieve Atmos.

Turns out I don’t use the BD feature on the PS4 enough to know there’s an additional audio setting once you are playing the content. So obviously you will need to check in the global system audio settings to make sure you have output set to ARC with Bitstream (Dolby). Once you confirm that, start the disc with the Atmos track and as soon as the video is playing, press square on the DS4 and check that you have this option set: 

Select "Settings" > "Audio Format" > "Bitstream (Direct)".

My PS4 was set to LPCM for some reason so that’s why I was getting 2.0 stereo. Detailed instructions here: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5868/~/setting-your-sony-playstation-4-to-output-bitstream-audio-%28dolby-digital-%2F-dts%29

I hope this fixes it for you as well. Cheers!

Apple tv works fine.

Turns out I don’t use the BD feature on the PS4 enough to know there’s an additional audio setting once you are playing the content. So obviously you will need to check in the global system audio settings to make sure you have output set to ARC with Bitstream (Dolby). Once you confirm that, start the disc with the Atmos track and as soon as the video is playing, press square on the DS4 and check that you have this option set: 

Select "Settings" > "Audio Format" > "Bitstream (Direct)".

My PS4 was set to LPCM for some reason so that’s why I was getting 2.0 stereo. Detailed instructions here: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5868/~/setting-your-sony-playstation-4-to-output-bitstream-audio-%28dolby-digital-%2F-dts%29

I hope this fixes it for you as well. Cheers!

Thanks that works to get Dolby atmos through but then frustratingly get the lip sync issue 

Are you using “ethernet” HDMI cables?