LG autoselect back to Sonos Beam for audio output

• 17 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a LG 65 with Arc and a connected Sonos Beam.

My problem is that LG only output audio to the headphone jack when TV Speaker with headphone is selected as a audio output source and when I select that source it jumps back to HDMI/ARC after a second or two.

I have tried to turn of autoplay on TV in the Sonos app but it is still happening.

I will ask this also on the LG forum but is there anyone else who has the same problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It's not just you - I noticed this last night when I was trying to use my Bluetooth headphones (that's a whole separate story!). To even get to the point where I could try to pair the headphones, I had to disable SIMPlink (CEC)
Badge
Yes, this is a global issue. Go into your settings menu and disable CEC SIMPlink and you will be good to go. Turn it back on again when you are finished for the Beam to come back to life.
Yes, I have this issue too with my LG TV, but it’s rare I use both the TV speaker and the headphones port at the same time. I do have a separate headphone setting option in 'the single-sound out' menu and that works okay for my needs, not that I use headphones very often.