Question

LG 55NANO86 vs ARC - no ATMOS so far

• 31 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,

I have a LG 55NANO86, with eArc..but still don't get “ATMOS”..however is showing Dolby Digital Plus 5.1..in Amazon Prime Video (Watching Jack Ryan in the Firestick and in the TV App also)

TV is configured as follows:

• Sound out: HDMI ARC
  • DTV: auto
  • Digital Sound Out: Pass Through
  • eARC: enabled

Currently I'm using the HDMI cable provided by SONOS. 

Any tips?

(my system has ARC + Sub + 2 Ones)

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MichaeldeOliveira.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

Please begin TV audio playback using the specific content or media in question, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue is occurring, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

You may also check this article that outlines the main factors that determine if your Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Everyone,

I have a LG 55NANO86, with eArc..but still don't get “ATMOS”..however is showing Dolby Digital Plus 5.1..in Amazon Prime Video (Watching Jack Ryan in the Firestick and in the TV App also)

TV is configured as follows:

• Sound out: HDMI ARC
  • DTV: auto
  • Digital Sound Out: Pass Through
  • eARC: enabled

Currently I'm using the HDMI cable provided by SONOS. 

Any tips?

(my system has ARC + Sub + 2 Ones)

Thanks

Check to see what firmware your TV is using.  There is an update for LG Nano series which should allow you to receive Atmos now.