Answered

Is the Samsung Smart Remote (bn59 01312R) compatible with Sonos Playbar?

• 3 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I am unable to control my Playbar via my Samsung smart remote (BN59 01312R supplied with 2019 Frame TV) using infrared. My Samsung One Connect box (also supplied with the TV) is hidden in a draw, but does allow the remote to operate the playbar when in the open, presumably via RF/Bluetooth. 

I have been able to set up my Sky Q box to function in this way, which also uses IR, and the other remote supplied with the TV (bn59 01175Q) also works, again using IR.

I’ve read multiple articles on this topic both on the Sonos support pages and more broadly, and while I see plenty of guidance relating to the Samsung One remote (none of which has remedied the issue) I don’t see any pertaining to my own remote (BN59 01312R). 

Any support would be much appreciated!

Thanks 

Gareth 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 January 2021, 10:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try the instructions on this thread: 

Thanks GuitarSuperstar, with a slight variation on the instructions in the thread (adapted for my TV vs the previous generation) I’ve been able to make it work. For anyone else suffering the same problems, the end result is one ‘combined’ device on my universal remote setup screen entitled ‘BSkyB-Sonos’ and a corresponding entry on the home menu bar on my TV.