Answered

is my room suitable for an arc?

• 29 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello. I am have ancient Sony home theater in a box where sub has finally died. Going to upgrade to a Sonos sound bar and sub. My room is about 16x16x13. The only place to put the sound bar would be in this middle shelf where the old speakers are. Is the top of the shelf going to be a problem with the up firing speakers of the arc? Will those speakers even hit a 13 ft high ceiling? Am I wasting money on an arc? I already have lots of other sonos speakers and play bar and love it in my bedroom. Also is the smaller sub good? It's half the piece of the big sub. Any thoughts would be helpful

icon

Best answer by jgatie 29 April 2023, 20:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There are various ways to raise the TV; platforms, additional feet, etc.  Get the TV up a few inches and put the Arc on the top of the stand in front of the TV.  Otherwise, the top shelf is going to block the Atmos speakers and you won’t be hearing Atmos effects. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I didn’t have much hope of getting the height channels working well in my room but I got the Arc anyway, to replace a Beam. My reasoning was that the Arc would put out more sound than the 
Beam and if I got any Atmos sound that would be gravy.

I’m very happy with the swap and I’d do it again.

Just try it on your shelf to start with, boost the TV later if you want to.

Any thoughts on the sub gen 3 vs sub mini? Mini is like half the price so that makes it very compelling