Answered

Is Beam 2 worth the upgrade from Beam 1, for me?

• 26 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello, I'm a noob (ie.clueless) when it comes to audio.

Sonos have 30% off upgrade offer and I'm tempted to get a Beam 2 to replace my Beam gen 1. The arc is out of my price range :(

So, I have a LG TV with eARC, but I watch all my movies via streaming with Apple tv. Streaming means there would be no eArc difference on that front, right?

I also have PS5 and Xbox Series X and I'm wondering would the Beam 2 give me much improved audio over the og beam for the consoles? Would eARC make any difference there?

What, if any others advantages would the Beam 2 give me?

I have two rear Sonos ones for surround in my setup, as well. If that makes any difference.

Thanks for any advice!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 February 2024, 02:35

View original

2 replies

The upgrade is obviously an improvement in audio, but I think you would be much better off adding a Sub-Mini to your setup instead. I personally think that would be a better/far more-noticeable upgrade than swapping-out the Beam (gen1) for a Beam (gen2)… I actually have both generations of the Beam and the difference is minimal, whereas a Sub-Mini makes a real noticeable difference for both TV and Music audio.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The upgrade is obviously an improvement in audio, but I think you would be much better off adding a Sub-Mini to your setup instead. I personally think that would be a better/far more-noticeable upgrade than swapping-out the Beam (gen1) for a Beam (gen2)… I actually have both generations of the Beam and the difference is minimal, whereas a Sub-Mini makes a real noticeable difference for both TV and Music audio.

Thanks for this!

I’ll look into it!

Edit: I just bought the Sub mini. Looking forward to checking it out!