IR Remotes, Speech Enhancement & Night Sound

• 1 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I am new to the Sonos ecosystem. I decided to jump on the bandwagon following the Apple release of Airplay 2, and the purchase of several HomePods. I liked it that integration so much that I decided to replace my wired 2 Home Theaters with Sonos Beams and various Integrated speakers and subs. I have just purchased the first ensemble for our smaller viewing room, and plan to purchase a second larger system in the next few months for our Movie Room.
When programming our Harmony Remote I went to look for a way to activate/toggle Speech Enhancement and Night Sound, to find it is NOT available in Harmony's list of available command options.

In researching, I discovered where, for quite some time now, there have been numerous like requests for this functionality for the PlayBar and Playbase.

I am shocked that with the release of the Beam, as it is a new product, that Sonos chose to ignore this request and not include it in the Beam.

Perhaps I am being assumptive, but may I ask, why not, and/or am I missing something that to myself and others would seem to be an obvious "must include"? Or is it in there and Harmony has not yet picked up on it and added these as options?

I am just curious... as to what others have to offer on this topic.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am new to the Sonos ecosystem. I decided to jump on the bandwagon following the Apple release of Airplay 2, and the purchase of several HomePods. I liked it that integration so much that I decided to replace my wired 2 Home Theaters with Sonos Beams and various Integrated speakers and subs. I have just purchased the first ensemble for our smaller viewing room, and plan to purchase a second larger system in the next few months for our Movie Room.
When programming our Harmony Remote I went to look for a way to activate/toggle Speech Enhancement and Night Sound, to find it is NOT available in Harmony's list of available command options.

In researching, I discovered where, for quite some time now, there have been numerous like requests for this functionality for the PlayBar and Playbase.

I am shocked that with the release of the Beam, as it is a new product, that Sonos chose to ignore this request and not include it in the Beam.

Perhaps I am being assumptive, but may I ask, why not, and/or am I missing something that to myself and others would seem to be an obvious "must include"? Or is it in there and Harmony has not yet picked up on it and added these as options?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll send along a feature request to our development team to add speech enhancement and night mode to the available commands for Harmony remotes.
We love ours. Just purchased 2 more systems for other rooms. Thank you for the prompt response and effort.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll send along a feature request to our development team to add speech enhancement and night mode to the available commands for Harmony remotes.

ANY UPDATES on this... does Sonos support Night Mode and Speech Enhancement for Harmony Remotes? or is this a Logitech problem? :?