Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

6388 Topics

Stunningly Simple

Send the neighbours away to shop and turn up the wick on these babies! So easy to set up the soundbar it took longer to unpack than it did to set up. Played Sergio Mendes - Timeless Will I am John Leg...

Sonos playbar/sub with sharp aquos 52d62u

I just purchased Sonos playbar and sub yesterday after originally purchasing Bose Cinemate SR1 (ended up exchanging for Sonos because I heard all this great rave). I have a sharp aquos 52d62u, and I h...

Sonos + Spotify + Radio browse feature = FAIL! WE (Spotify lovers) NEED A RADIO FUNCTION TO BROWSE NEW ARTISTS AND SONGS!! Yesterday please.

I LOVE Sonos, and I LOVE spotify! The two, are a match made in heaven! But... spotify has a feature called Spotify Radio, where you can start out with a single artist name, and browse songs and othe...

Sound fades in and out when I turn the volume up on my SONOS PLAYBAR?

When I turn the volume up on my SONOS PLAYBAR, the sound fades in and out, not giving me a clear solid tone.

Playbar- HDMI switch to Toslink Monoprice Issue
Answered

We have a Playbar, but our tv does not have optical out. Sonos suggested a Monoprice 4X1 HDMI Switch w/Toslink Support. This would allow us to hdmi cable the Comcast Box and Blu-ray to the switch a...

Do you need two Play 3s with a Playbar to get surround sound ? Or can it work with one ?
Answered

I have just brought one Play 3 can I use this with my Playbar or do I need to have two, to get the surround sound to work ?

The PS3, DTS-HD Blu-rays and the Sonos PLAYBAR
Answered

I'm a little confused with my PLAYBAR setup. My TV optical out supports Dolby Digital 5.1 passthrough. I have that setup and my Wii U, PS3 games, 360 and cable box passthrough DD5.1 just fine when I...

Playbar was working and now is not

Irecently added the Playbar and it was working perfectly with both music and from the TV. After getting in today after work the music will still play but I cannot get any sound from the TV out of the...

Sound Bar dropping from choice of rooms

Sound bar no longer apprears in the choices of rooms, but still has sound through it and can be operated by TV remote

No joy for surounds when TV is source - please help!

I have a Playbar, two Play3s and a bridge. I have the Play3s set up as surrounds. When playing music (using Spotify), everything works fine. When TV is the source, only the Playbar works, even thou...

Can i connect the Bar with preexisting (non Sonos) surround sound speakers?
Answered

Playbar standby
Answered

Thinking about buying a Playbar. Does the Playbar come on from standby, when the TV is switched on, and does it go back to standby when the TV goes off? Also, how much power does it consume in standby...

Playbar skips, but Play 3 doesn't!

I have a Playbar, a Play 3 and a Bridge. The Play 3 is much further away from the Bridge than the Playbar. I have been streaming music from various sources and am having a strange issue. The Play 3...

tried to use my playbar as speaker only... not connected to my tv. How do I connect to the system? Directions don't tell me how...
Answered

Playbar and Play 5 working together - but how can I solve some Audio interruptions?

Hello, this morning I discoveread the possibility to add (using group function) the Play 5 to the Playbar 5.1 System. What I recognized was first that the Speakers had to by synced using lipsync. P...

Play 3 is no longer permantly connected to my bridge

Hi Folks, since some days I have the following issue: one of my Play3 was working perfect for about 4 month. But since some days it connects and disconnects itself from the room-list. Only thing...

Playbar with Playstation set-up
Answered

I have my playstation 3 hooked up to my tv via HDMI. I cannot get audio through my playbar when playing a DVD. I can get the sound through my tv speakers. Do I need to use an optical cable for audio i...

Playbar and Play:5 playing together
Answered

Hi. We have just installed a new Playbar and have a Play:5 and Bridge already. We were told we could play the TV (connected to the Playbar) through the Play:5 in another room as well as the music thr...

High pitched whine from Playbar
Answered

Hello when no sound is being passed through my Playbar (TV off) it emits a high pitched hum from the centre of the bar. Muting the Playbar via the the controls on the side stops the noise. is this no...

Best Customer Support (Joshua) - Please Keep It Up!

Tech Support (Joshua) is incredible. I really didn't expect my email inquiry to elicit a response, let alone one that easily solved my problem. Kudos to Sonos!

Where is Sonos playbar made?
Answered

Where is the Sonos Playbar made. I want to buy one but my country has restrictions on products made in China.

Single compoment multiple rooms
Answered

Hi NOOB here, so sorry if this has already been asked or is too easy :-) Today we purchased a playbar, sub, 2 Play 3 and a bridge. Got home and like a kid on Christmas morning unwrapped everyth...

Playbar Installation Clearance Tolerances
Answered

The install guide says that there should be 1 foot clearance on either end of the Playbar. If there is less distance, what will be the operational consequence?

New Playbar pairing zones issues

Just recieved the new playbar. This makes it my 8th zone. No P3 nor Sub is bounded to the Playbar. First I am quite dissapointed with the sound. The sound is canny boxy and metallic with a lot of sib...

PLAY:5s for Surround Sound with PLAYBAR

With a big room I bought 2 PLAY:5s. Had to replace them with the PLAY:3s in other rooms for surround sound with the PLAYBAR. Understand the latency issues with PLAY:5s for use with the PLAYBAR but is...

Badges

• Badge
    bs49 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    ChuckCo earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Jens Almdkou earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    keats earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    FergusP earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings