Question

Does Sonos Support Dolby Digital Plus?

• 28 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hello,

I have had the Sonos system for a couple of years but noticed that Sky Q now has Dolby Digital Plus’s and I wondered if I would notice a difference if I select it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

According to a recent post from Ryan S, one of the Sonos mods here, the PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE will accept the signal, although I'm not sure it will be dealt with differently from Dolby Digital itself.

If you have the opportunity to test, I'd be happy if you'd come back here and report your findings.
Badge
Yeah sure I’m going to run a few test with a few films..
Badge
Ok so been using it for a few days and noticed a crackling sound and also while watching pre-recorded stuff on the Sky Q it would seem to take longer to bring the sound back and while waiting for the sound to return we would also have this crackling noise.. Turned it off and back to Dolby and all working ok again.
Interesting. Thanks for the report!
Badge
Ok I have another update on this, I am having issues just trying to run this on Dolby as I have to wait for the sound to return after pausing - forwarding and rewinding while getting a tapping sound..

This maybe as I have the optical cable going through the Samsung TV first, I have no option but to do this as I have other devices connected to the TV like Xbox One & PS4 Pro.. I’m not able to directly connect my Sky Q to the sound bar!
Are you running 7.4 or 7.4.1 on the PLAYBAR? Many people who have reported difficulties with the PLAYBAR, and many Samsung users, have reported that the "beta" of 7.4.1 has resolved many of their issues.

If you haven't, I'd recommend posting a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926