Answered

Latest Update Downgraded My Controller From 7.4.1 to 7.4?

• 14 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge
I just saw an "Update" symbol in my controller which was running 7.4.1. This version fixed a DD5.1 drop out issue. So I ran the new upgrade and now I see the controller version has changed back to 7.4. Does this mean I'm going to have DD5.1 issues again and have to run only PCM?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 14 September 2017, 15:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge
Diagnostic 7839611
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi gcshotshot, you're good. I just double checked your system's diagnostic. Yesterday the team put out a new release for this beta program which changed the version type. You still have the fix.
So the fix got named 7.4? How will my sonos system get this fix If im on the faulty 7.4 already?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
So the fix got named 7.4? How will my sonos system get this fix If im on the faulty 7.4 already?

I saw you already posted in the other thread and have been added to the updated version, so if you haven't updated yet, go ahead and you'll be all set.
Releases have two numbers associated with them, there's the version number which is 7.4, and there's a build number. The build number is different. You'd see these numbers in the About Sonos on your app. We're going into a rabbit hole here, but you were on 37244160 and the new version for the PLAYBAR with the fix is currently 37245110.
How do I force my system to update with the new build?
The only reason to do so is if you're having issues with your PLAYBAR interpreting Dolby Digital signals from your TV through the optical connection. If so, then you should post a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926

How ever, based on what I've read from Ryan S, the Sonos rep above, it only changes the firmware on the PLAYBAR, and none of the other speakers, so it's not really going to do much if you're not experiencing the specific issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
How ever, based on what I've read from Ryan S, the Sonos rep above, it only changes the firmware on the PLAYBAR, and none of the other speakers, so it's not really going to do much if you're not experiencing the specific issue.

This is correct, it only updates the PLAYBAR.