Question

Sky Q 2tb UHD Lip Sync issues

• 12 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
I'm having Lip Sync issues with my Playbase + 2x Sonos 1 connect to my Sky Q 2tb in UHD on the Football or F1. I cannot for the life get the lip sync in at all as cannot go minus on the Playbase settings or on the Sky box as need to go to a -0ms. I have Samsung QE65C8+the above and adjusted the sync on tv too. This only happens generally in UHD.

Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Which device does the Sonos connect to?
Badge
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, The Playbase is connected to the TV directly which is a Samsung QE65Q8CAMT.

Any thoughts
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Try connecting direct from Sky to Sonos and compare the results.
Badge
Thanks for the reply,

I notice that when I put it into Normal on the HDMI settings on the Sky Q it's ok when I'm watching the UHD F1, but that defeats the object of the 5.1.

Now I did try that and it seems to work fine but then I wouldn't be able to watch my blue ray with having to disconnect it every time. Now I did the Sky engineer out yesterday and he is aware of a problem and sent info down regarding issues. As he said just wait for an update.....

Do you think getting a switcher will work?

Cheers for your help.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
So if it works when connecting direct from Sky to Sonos, this implies that the delay problem is being caused by your TV. Not entirely surprising, I've lived with PLAYBAR many years and experienced no end of issues like this.

I worked around a lot of the problems by connecting directly to the devices and using an HDMI/optical switch. It wasn't ideal but kind of worked most of the time. When I went 4k though, none of my switching gear was compatible so it was a case of starting from scratch. I decided to spend the extra and just get a proper Denon home cinema system at that point and life has become very simply again. It just works.

So, yes, a switching solution may work - assuming all your devices have the required optical outputs for Sonos.
Badge
I'm off this weekend so I will have a proper look and come back to you and let you know.

Thanks for the reply.

Paul