Answered

Increase volume on left One SL surround due to hearing issue

• 8 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a Beam with two One SL surrounds. I am a little hard of hearing so want to increase the sound on the left rear (the side of the couch I sit on) higher than the right where my wife sits. Would it work if I changed the Left Surround distance to being closer than the right. Also can you force the system to stream voice audio to the rears or is this driven only by the TV stream?

Thanks in advance

Ross

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 February 2021, 04:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Moving the left speaker closer to you will certainly help. You can also turn on Speech Enhancement in the Sonos app to help you hear the dialogue better.

There isn’t a way to force dialogue to play through the surround speakers. You could remove your One SLs as surrounds and just use them as individual speakers and group them with your Beam. This would result in dialogue coming out of your One SLs, but there might be a slight audio delay between the Beam and the One SLs.

Thank you so much for the help appreciate it hugely