Answered

Improved Height Channel Audio on Sonos Arc

• 27 January 2022
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 7

Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the height channel audio when listening to Dolby Atmos content on the Arc? I was watching some Dolby Atmos demos and listening to music last night, and the height channel effects sounded so much better than it ever has. The audio from above was clearer and more defined, and I heard sound effects that I never heard before. I wonder if the latest 14.0 update has anything to do with this.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 January 2022, 09:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi thanks for the above suggestion. MLP started at 8 ft when first installed moving forward in 6 inch increments retuning each time finally arriving at 6 ft 6 inch. Never once heard much in the way of height, maybe a suspicion here and there but that's it. As for Dune 2021, watched on 4K UHD disc last evening, with 2 other persons present. Great 5.1 sound track I admit but nothing heard from above from start to finish by anyone in the room. As its unlikely we are all deaf I can only conclude there's nothing there to hear!  Will probably move the MLP backwards in the future as I feel too close at present to the TV.screen for comfortable viewing. Thanks again for your help.

Do you mind posting photos of your setup that includes the TV, Arc, ceiling, and MLP? I’m just curious to see what your room looks like.