Answered

I need to mount my ARC above my TV. How badly will that affect ATMOS?

• 8 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I used to have a Vizio P65. It stood tall enough that the Arc sat neatly in front of it on the entertainment center. I just upgraded to a LG CX65, and it sits so low that the Arc blocks an inch or more of the bottom of the TV.

I bought the wall mounting kit for the Arc, but all the instructions are for mounting below the TV and I did a bit of research and it looks like there could be problems with ATMOS mounting above the TV (I do have a vaulted ceiling if that makes a difference). 

I’d love some opinions on the efficacy of putting it above the TV.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 March 2021, 10:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TImothy Grant 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That’s kind of a tough question. Technically, no, the Arc shouldn’t be mounted above the TV. With vaulted ceilings, however, that just might improve things over having the Arc under the TV - the upwards firing speakers may actually have a better chance of bouncing sound off the ceiling and down at you (I suppose it would depend on the orientation of the Arc relative to the direction of the ceiling vault). It’s certainly not as we intended, but I would not rule it out as a valid option. I definitely recommend you do TruePlay tuning, however.

Hopefully, someone in the community has either tried it and can share their experiences, or has some more insight.