Answered

I have an arc HDMI port but my Sonos Beam isn’t able to detect it. Now I have to use the optical cable, but have a sound delay lip sync delay when watching TV. Any clues?

• 6 August 2018
  • 6 replies

I have an arc HDMI port but my Sonos Beam isn’t able to detect it. Now I have to use the optical cable, but have a sound delay lip sync delay when watching TV. Any clues?
icon

Best answer by raymond.beasley 7 August 2018, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge
I struggled with this too. As well as with CEC and getting 5.1 pass through my TV. For ARC, did you find a setting in your TV to turn that HDMI ARC port on? I also found that doing a hard reboot on my TV helped for it to recognize the ARC connection. Hope this helps.
Yep, ARC is turned on in the settings. I’ll try pulling the power out on the telly too.
Might be worth double checking this thread: Enabling CEC.

Or it might not. Just trying to help.
Just wanted to add that a hard boot is probably best done by physically unplugging the tv for a few seconds.
I figured it out. Even though I had enabled ARC in the settings menu, I had to enable Simplink which is LG’s term for CEC. I also gave my telly a power off for good measure. The tv setup wizard now completes job done.

Only thing now is that voice commands to turn the TV on and off with Alexa still don’t work :?
Badge
May want to try and see what CEC commands your TV will accept. Also, may want to do a hard reboot on both the TV and the Beam.