I have a question about the sons arc

• 4 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a question about the sons arc in combination with the five I miss a stereo feeling with the arc is it possible to use the sonos five as a stereo in combination with the arc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi, if you mean use the Arc for one channel and a Five for the other, then no, thank goodness, as it would sound awful.  

I understand the desire for stereo imaging.  The Arc does a pretty good job with music, IMO, and I think the side-firing speakers can give some separation, although it depends on the room.  There is always a compromise when using a soundbar for music, though.

A pair of One SLs sounds very good and you may be better served by buying those for your music listening.  Or better still a pair of Fives, although that does come with a significant price tag, of course.

Hi, John B Thanks for this quick response.

This is a clear explanation, I'm going to delve into this. I come from a pioneer amplifier with B&W loudspeakers so yes I have to give up something with the sound. I'm going to follow your advice and try the five. Thank you Ron.