How to play Beam without when TV does't have HDMI ARC and Optical Out

• 6 January 2019
  • 16 replies

I have purchased beam but realized my TV doesn't have HDMI ARC and Optical Out.. My TV having only 2 HDMI out-puts and 1 USB drive

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
What TV specifically? Does it have coax digital out?
Hi....Sorry I have mentioned that : ONIDA Diamond 39 Inches LED TV (LEO39FD) Specs
I can’t find a web page that shows the connections on that device. The closest to “data” I could find was here:

http://www.sulekha.com/tv/onida-diamond-39-inches-led-tv-leo39fd-prices-and-specifications

It mentions Audio Out in the connectivity section. What form does this take?

I’m suspecting that you’re going to want to have an external HDMI switch with an optical port to connect with, but that depends on what that audio out is.
My model of TV looks like this sorry you can't understand language being used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0_PfkgvjA
No worries, I'm only sad that in my weeks I spent in Bengaluru, I never learned any of the local language, or any other languages that are throughout India.

At 3:55 in that video, give or take, there's a pretty good view of the ports. There are no ports there that will output a signal that can be connected to the Beam.

As I indicated above, you'd be better off splitting off the audio signal before it hits the TV, using an HDMI switch. Something like this:

www.alibaba.com/product-detail/6-Port-HDMI-Switch-4Kx2K-6x1_60775471711.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.32.746d3022AXvqdq

Note: This will make it so that you can't use the TV's internal tuner or apps to drive audio on the Beam, it has to be from an external device, connected to the switch with an HDMI cable. You would then connect an HDMI cable from this switch to your TV, and connect the Beam to the switch with an optical cable.
Hi...Is there anything similar that i can purchase it from Amazon.co.uk ...Not sure Audio retrun can work to my beam.
Oh, sure. Just search for "HDMI Switch with Optical", a plethora of options will come up, you can choose one that suits your needs and budget.
Hi, I have purchased following splitter looks like this not suitable to integrate both TV & Beam work together ….

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KPVZWT9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I dont have knowledge about the Electronics ..You help is highltly appericated if you can shoot me a right poduct...

I am still worderring how beam can take the sound when we splitter ...All spitter looks like only 1 Output but here i want 2 Out-puts (One for TV and second for Beam Audio)

Sorry i was totally confused with splitter what needs to buy...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What you got seems like it would work. HDMI devices in one end, HDMI out the other end and SPDIF out to the adapter that came with beam then into Beam.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
oops - actually it has an HDMI (ARC output)…. so you can hook the beam to the HDMI (ARC) output direct by hdmi cable as another option. So what you got has 2 different connections that will work to the Beam. The output labeled HDMI output2 goes to the TV.
Either of One out is working at a time...How come Audio returned from ARC on my Splitter
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are you certain the audio being fed is Dolby Digital. First thing to making it work is making sure the proper audio is being sent to the Beam.

I don't understand your comment "how come audio returned from ARC on my splitter"
Here are steps I followed

1. Connected my Step-up box to HDMI Input (I can see respective port is powered-on after connected)
2. Connected my TV to HDMI Out (I can see one HDMI Port is Powerred-on)
3. Conneted my Beam to ARC HDMI Out ( Not powerred on 😞 )

Then, I thought of using SPDIF OUT (not sure what it is) but Optical cable tht comes with beam not sutiable in size...

As long as my both outs powerred on, I cant use both TV and ARC.

Thanks for your responce ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
according to diagram it should work fine. Why do you think it doesn't work when both plugged in - doesn't the TV still work when you have hdmi out from the switch to TV and switch to beam (using both HDMI outputs).

lets try the optical cable just to see if there is some hdmi issue.

run optical cable from the switch to the adapter that came with beam then to the beam.

When you go into sonos controller what does it show for the beam does it show volume up and the beam on the TV input? ARe you sure beam isn't receiving the sound and you don't have it set correct.

when you go to your set top box - when you go to audio settings is it set to dolby digital (not plus) … what does it say for audio format its outputting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
We can simply this to rule out any issues with the splitter. Your cable box …. doesn't it have an optical output on it?
Thanks...Perfectly it is working sound is coming from Optical connection but howerver TV Audio has n't stopped .

TV Volume control doesn't seems to be controlling my beam (Controllng beam volumes)...