How to get Dolby digital on my tv

• 8 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
Hi I’ve a Samsung tv ue55f6670 and I’m running a sonos soundbar, sub and 2 play 1s for my surround but for the life of me I can’t get it going Dolby digital even though Samsung say it’s a dd compatible !! I’ve spoken to sonos and they said once I added my play 1s to complete the surround it should automatically go dd but it won’t , the tv is on pcm and only other option I’ve got is neo 5:2 , the option for dd is there on the tv but in grey so cant highlight it ! Just spoke to Samsung and the person reckons my sonos , xboxone and PS4 isn’t obviously compatible on my tv wtf ??? I have seen on here about other methods ie optical switches but sonos didn’t recommend this ! Can anybody help ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Like many other Samsung TVs, yours likely doesn't pass through 5.1 via optical. You would need an audio extractor to strip the audio signal from your HDMI devices in order to have it output via optical so you can benefit from the DD 5.1 signal.
kwmobile HDMI EDID Manager.(I bought it on Amazon.co.uk for about £ 20) This little box worked for me. Just connect it between your TV and hdmi-source and the Samsung TV will pass the Dolby signal to the Playbar. No extra switches are needed.