Question

how much space should you leave off the end of the arc. considering have it a bit built into a wall..

• 25 July 2020
  • 5 replies

How much space do you need to leave off the end of the arc.  Considering having it built in a bit to a wall.  Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @seattlemurphy.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you the online Sonos Arc product manual which may help answer your question and give guidance on how to set up the Arc in-relation with the TV. Based on the product manual, Keep 4.0" (102 mm) space (minimum) between the top of Sonos Arc and the bottom of your TV (if placing Arc below the TV).

I hope this helps. 

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks but this does t answer my question as to how much clearance should you have on the ends. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @seattlemurphy.

Thank you for your immediate response.

The situation would depend on your preference and point of view as it will have no impact with the sound generated by the Sonos Arc. If you would really need a specific answer, I would like to suggest reaching out to other members of the community. Sonos only specified the speaker placement in relation to the TV as it may have an impact on the Atmos audio generated by the Arc. when it comes to each end of the Sonos Arc, It would be with your point of preference depending on how you want it to look like.

Sorry not much help as We can only recommend what would be the best audio output from our speakers.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to other members of the community if additional information may be needed. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Gotcha thanks. The reason for my question is the tv is going to be flush in the wall and was wondering how the arc would perform if the speaker was flush too? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @seattlemurphy.

thank you for the immediate response.

That would depend on your wall. I would recommend taking a look at this topic. Audio wise with the Arc it may not have any effect but depending on the Wall it will be connected to that may cause vibration.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,