Question

How can I setup the sonos playbar without connecting to a TV ?

• 23 November 2013
  • 2 replies

How can I setup the sonos playbar without connecting to a TV (temporary) ?
I go through the configuration wizard for connecting playbar, but it asks to connect to TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi there Lieven,

You should be able to continue through this step during the setup. It will also ask you to program a TV remote, but when it detects no signal you should be able to bypass this step as well. Keep in mind that when you do eventually want to set the PLAYBAR up for use with a TV, you'll have to go through these steps. You can find setup and configuration options under the Room Settings menu when you're ready to do so.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.
Dec 26th 2016. I just purchased the soundbar and needed to set it up (initially) without a TV (set up as just a sound system). I did so by using the app and selecting sound bar. During the process the App asks to connect to a TV, I selected next, and then eventually asks if you can disable the TV speakers. If you select No, then you will be able to continue the setup and eventually complete it. By the way, it sounds awesome!!!!!:)