Best answer by TBonePickenz
This is for the EF9500 series but is the first thing that comes up on Google. I'm posting here to save others the frustration and tech support calls I suffered.
I finally got it to work using a collection of Internet tips and customer support clues on my EF9500 hooked up to a Sonos playbar/ 5.1 system.
1) click the home button on your magic remote and scroll along the bottom (where Netflix, etc is) until you get to a purple icon "device connector"
2) select soundbar and pick the Phillips brand and select remote type 4
3) Select done
1) Open the Sonos app on your iPad or phone
2) select the gear icon "settings"
3) select the room your system is in
4) select TV setup and control
5) select remote control set up and follow the prompts using your "Phillips" magic remote
You are done!