Home cinema - music - what do to?

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

my gear: 1 connect amp, 1 pair of symphonisks, 1 play 5, 2 polk S15e, 1 turntable, 1 polk signa s1 soundbar with sub (2.1).

OK so here's the "problem":

first, I would like to have a sonos AMP with the turntable and the tv and a non SONOS sub connected and also the symphoniks acting as surrounds! is this ideal?

secondly, just have the polk signa s1 for the tv and the connect amp + Polk S15e for the turntable. (but then i will not have surrounds)

These are my 2 best ideas.

Do you have any other suggestion? What do you guys think?

Thks for your time.

So basically, do you think the sonos AMP solution will solve everything? my only doubt is for everyday Tv (news, soaps, whatever) do you think the Polk s15e + sub + surrounds will be to much?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

first, I would like to have a sonos AMP with the turntable and the tv and a non SONOS sub connected and also the symphoniks acting as surrounds! is this ideal?

Yes, with the Amp driving the two Polks as front speaker, you would get a ‘faux’ center channel, and the Symfoniks would bond to the Amp as surrounds. Since the Amp is driving the front speakers, both the line in and the sub out would be active. 

thks for the response, and yes I know can do that.

I was asking if that would be the ideal solution?

Or do you think its too overkill for everyday tv use?