Answered

Hisense - Atmos question with a U7G - best set up

• 18 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a Beam 2, couple of Symfonisks, linked to  u65g - 2021 model with eARC

Using Apple TV 4K and the Google O/S on the TV itself my Sonos App says ‘Atmos’ where appropriate BUT the TV does not. That’s pretty condusing. 

Am I or aren’t I?

I have Hi speed HDMI’s, sound is set to ‘pass through’ on the TV and the Apple TV is set to match frame rate, Atmos enabled etc.

I think I’m getting Atmos and the above settings are definitely the best for day to day - but can someone tell me why I don’t get a confirmation from the TV?

Also - sometimes when ‘turning on’ it is impossible to control the volume bar mute or what it was the night before. I have to perform several ‘on/offs’ before it works

??

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 February 2022, 19:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

As long as the Sonos app displays the Dolby Atmos logo on the Now Playing screen, you are getting Dolby Atmos audio. Are you hearing audio from the upward firing drivers when watching Dolby Atmos content?

Badge

I think so - it’s just confusing. I’ll check

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Find a film with clear and discrete height effects to test with. If you have a Netflix premium subscription, test the film Roma at around the 1:03:25 mark. For the next few minutes you should clearly hear the trees burning/crackling above you.