High Pitched noise coming from Playbar

• 29 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi, my playbar is just 3 years old, been working fine the whole time and after recently moving house, I have setup the same equipment as before, OLED55TV, apple TV, router, cable TV box - everything in the same setup and now I am getting a high pitched noise from the playbar, It still plays music OK, but you can hear the high pitched noise behind the TV or music sound. It is very annoying - like tinnitus!! I have seen many posts on this community and seems it is a known problem. I have done a factory reset as instructed on the other many posts about this topic and the sound goes away and then comes back during the setup.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi, just read on other posts that I should submit a diagnostic - I have just done this 8424265
Just called sonos support and they are going to arrange for a replacement unit to be sent to me - no issues at all with the fact that it is 3 years Old - very impressed with their support
I am expecting my third Playbar this week from Sonos. My original unit suffered the high pitch noise and the first replacement had exactly the same issue, straight out of the box! Customer support has been excellent, but keeping my fingers crossed that number 3 is okay.
Badge
The same thing is happening to me with my Playbase! It's very annoying! Sometimes it's faint, sometimes very loud: 1077363316