High pitch noise & standby

• 23 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi
Im having 2 different problems with My Sonos system, wich is quite new out the box.
System:
Two Play 1 speakers
One soundbar
One sub

Set Up as surround, plugged in with optimal cable to my television, soundbar is connected with ethernet and the rest Wireless.

The soundbar is giving a constant low " high pitch " noise at All times wich is getting really annoying when not watching tv or listening to television - my soundbar is placed 2 meters from my router.
I have encountered that my playbar wont always go to standby after watching television, so even after 8 hours of sleep, and i enter the loving room, i can hear the high pitch Sound, and then i know it hasnt even went idle/standby.

I ran the diagnose: 8263252

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
First off: It's advisable to use SonosNet if you have a wired connection to any of your Sonos devices. Can you check that you don't have any Wi-Fi credentials detailed under the Sonos App>Settings>Advanced>Wireless Setup and if you do remove them and then boot all of your Sonos devices.

If the problem persists can you confirm if the noise continues if you disconnect the Optical connection from the Playbar?
Hi, and thank you for the reply.

I tried to follow your instruction, but the problem still persist, even after disconnecting the optical cable 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
We'll have to wait for the diagnostic to be reviewed then.
Yeah, its getting quite annoying
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you tried using Facebook Messenger to contact Tech Support?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Casperhbv. Sounds like you need a replacement. I am glad to see that you have one set up already. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. Thanks!