Answered

Help! Sonos Arc / Sony A1E / Dolby Atmos

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m looking to buy the Sonos Arc for my Sony A1E 65 Inch Oled and I’m curious as to whether or not I will be experiencing true Dolby atmos given the hardware limitations of my tv. 

Apparently, Dolby Atmos requires an eARC input, however, I’ve heard from a few sources that you can still get Dolby Atmos with the ARC input via DD+ conversion. 

Is this setup possible? If not, is there any way I can remedy this situation with any external devices such as a dedicated receiver? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 October 2022, 22:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No you won’t get Atmos with that TV - see the rtings review here…

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/a1e-oled

To get Dolby Atmos from ‘external’ devices only like Nvidia Shield, or Fire TV etc; you can use an audio extractor, like HD Fury Arcana or Feintech VAX04101A etc.

As an example setup using an audio extractor, see the image below:

Thank you for your response and sorry for the late reply.

So you’re essentially saying it’s possible to experience Dolby Atmos with the Sony A1E so long as I invest in one of the “audio extractors” listed above, correct?

That’s what he said, yes. It’s an issue with the TV. I’d urge you to read the link he provided.