Answered

Help! No sound coming from Beam

• 22 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a Sony Bravia tv model KDL-47W805A, , I used the Sonos app for instructions for the set up. I connected the beam to hdmi arc ( which is numbered 1). The tv is attached to our cable box by hdmi no. 3. I enabled the Sony sync, everything should have worked. I can get sound on the beam when watching Netflix, YouTube etc but not when watching anything using the cable box, in fact if the beam is attached with the hdmi cable I don't get any sound from the tv.
icon

Best answer by ginadimitriades 27 August 2018, 21:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Sony Bravia tv model KDL-47W805A, , I used the Sonos app for instructions for the set up. I connected the beam to hdmi arc ( which is numbered 1). The tv is attached to our cable box by hdmi no. 3. I enabled the Sony sync, everything should have worked. I can get sound on the beam when watching Netflix, YouTube etc but not when watching anything using the cable box, in fact if the beam is attached with the hdmi cable I don't get any sound from the tv.

Do you know what format your cable box is outputting? See if it's set to Dolby Digital, or PCM, either should work. If not, try sending in a diagnostic report while you have the cable box selected and no audio is coming out of the Beam. Then, reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Thank you for replying, I've figured it was probably the cable box, I replaced it today and all is working well
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you for replying, I've figured it was probably the cable box, I replaced it today and all is working well

I'm happy to hear things are working. Let me know if you run into any more issues.