Answered

Help!!! How can I add mic to Sonos ARC for Karaoke Singing?

• 5 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I have ARC, 2 era 300 and a sub in my sonos system and the arc is connected to Amazon Fire TV e-Arc port. I want to add a microphone to my system so I can use it for karaoke singing and I want the mic sound to output to my sonos system. Is there a workaround for this purpose and without mic delay. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thank you guys!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 January 2024, 05:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos might be the worst system for karaoke. 

The Arc has a single ARC input, there’s no real way to ‘blend’ a signal into it, which means that you’re going to have to do so further up the line. 

I can’t think of any way to send the sound through your FireTV to add it to the signal so that it gets sent to the TV and on to the Arc, but you may get a better answer on the Amazon support boards, if there is something of that type. 

I did call Sonos Support today and I was surprised with their answer. “We can not give you a technical advice because if it will not work, you will have a reason to return our product”.🤣

I’d agree with their assessment. Sonos is just not suited for either DJ use, or Karaoke. You’d want to look at another speaker. 

How about getting a sonos move 2 which will serve as a dedicated mic speaker?

No. There would still be that 75 ms delay. As you have been told here, and by Sonos Support, there is no solution using Sonos speakers. They just aren’t designed for this.