Skip to main content
Question

HDMI Audio Extractor and Playbar

• 19 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung 70” UHD TV.   It does not have an optical output.    I purchased a insignia HDMI Audio Extractor and was told that this would allow me to connect to my playbar.    I keep getting a no signal detected error message.   is there a better product or work around to make this work?

2 replies

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung 70” UHD TV.   It does not have an optical output.    I purchased a insignia HDMI Audio Extractor and was told that this would allow me to connect to my playbar.    I keep getting a no signal detected error message.   is there a better product or work around to make this work?

Hello, @HoosierZionsville destiny mastercard app

Let’s troubleshoot the issue with your Samsung TV and the Insignia HDMI Audio Extractor. Here are some steps to consider:

Check HDMI Connection:
Confirm that the HDMI cable is properly connected between the TV and the HDMI Audio Extractor.
Ensure that the TV is set to the correct input source (the one where the HDMI Audio Extractor is connected).
TV Sound Settings:
Go to your TV’s sound settings.
Change the sound output to “optical” (if available). This ensures that the audio signal is sent through the optical connection.
Insignia HDMI Audio Extractor:
Verify that the HDMI Audio Extractor is functioning correctly.
Make sure it’s powered on and configured properly.
Playbar Configuration:
Check the Sonos Playbar settings. Ensure it’s set to receive audio from the optical input.
If you’re using other devices (such as a cable box or gaming console), ensure they’re also configured to output audio via optical.
Firmware Updates:
Update the firmware of both the TV and the Insignia HDMI Audio Extractor.
Sometimes, software updates resolve compatibility issues.
Alternative Solutions:
If the HDMI Audio Extractor continues to cause issues, consider alternative solutions:
Use an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) connection if your TV supports it.
Explore other audio extractors or converters that specifically support your TV model and the Sonos Playbar.
Remember to test each step and see if the issue is resolved.

I hope this info is helpful to you.

Best Regard,
Gregory Chavez

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What’s the model number of your Samsung - TV’s without an optical connection are rare.