Answered

hdmi arc or eArc

• 22 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , my new TV that I've bought has an eArc hdmi socket , would I benefit connecting my beam gen 2 to the eArc or just the normal arc ? I only have Sky+ hd , many thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 February 2022, 21:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Connect the Beam to the HDMI eARC port on the TV. But you don’t need to have eARC enabled in the TV’s settings since you only have Sky+ HD. Enabling eARC is usually only necessary when connecting a device to your TV that requires eARC to pass through higher quality audio like a Blu-ray player or Apple TV 4K.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Connect the Beam to the HDMI eARC port on the TV. But you don’t need to have eARC enabled in the TV’s settings since you only have Sky+ HD. Enabling eARC is usually only necessary when connecting a device to your TV that requires eARC to pass through the highest quality audio like a Blu-ray player or Apple TV 4K.

Thank you sir as always ☺️

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Connect the Beam to the HDMI eARC port on the TV. But you don’t need to have eARC enabled in the TV’s settings since you only have Sky+ HD. Enabling eARC is usually only necessary when connecting a device to your TV that requires eARC to pass through higher quality audio like a Blu-ray player or Apple TV 4K.

Would it matter if I enabled the eArc in TV settings ?

Userlevel 7

For your setup, it should be fine to keep eARC enabled. But if you begin to experience any audio problems, the first thing I would do is disable eARC.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

For your setup, it should be fine to keep eARC enabled. But if you begin to experience any audio problems, the first thing I would do is disable eARC.

Morning Sir , quick update, I kept eArc on and it's been ok for 4 days but this morning had no audio and TV remote and sky remote wouldn't work on the beam , turned off eArc and got audio immediately ( TV manual says connect an eArc compatible device ) I'll keep it off now ! Weird how it suddenly stopped and wonder why it would just stop working ? Thanks