Question

HDMI ARC and Optical audio input Sonos arc

• 20 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I am planning to get HDFURY ARCANA and this will then feed the hdmi ARC input to Sonos ARC . But my TV has only 1.4hdmi ARC and 2.0 HDMI non ARC connection. If i give the video to 1.4 ARC then i wont get dolby vision and HDR 10 in my TV from Apple TV. I need to get dolby atmos and also like to get TV sound in Sonos arc while playing cable tv settop box which is connected to other hdmi 2.0. My question is can i connect HDMI arc from ARCANA to sonos arc and also digital optical adaptor from TV to Sonos arc? Can Sonos arc takes input in both HDMI arc and optical? When ever i play apple tv it gets hdmi arc input and when ever i play cable set up box it will get tv audio through optical adapter? Ideally it should work but if i use apple tv then at that time sonos arc get input from Arcana through HDMI arc and also get audio from optical adapter as TV is on and will this create any issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

rkb2073,

There is only one audio in port on the Arc, which is an HDMI-eARC port for the audio connection … this can be used for connection to an HDMI ARC/eARC port on your TV, for example, or using the Sonos optical audio adapter (supplied) the port can connect to an Optical port instead... you therefore can’t have two cables HDMI & Optical connected to the ARC at the same time.

The Arc user manual is available here: LINK

ok got it thanks

@rkb2073  You asked the same question over on AVSforums.  The clarification that you are looking to use a cable box along with your Apple TV, rather than the TVs internal apps, makes a big difference.  The solution is actually rather easy.

Get a good HDMI switch with 2 or more HDMI inputs and 1 output. (linked switch is one of may options)  Plug your cable TV and Apple TV into the switch’s inputs.  The output goes to Arcana, with video then sent to the HDMI 2.0 port on your TV, and the audio eARC out sent to the Sonos Arc.