Has anyone managed to return kit from the UK successfully recently?

• 28 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m in the UK and trying to return a Beam to Sonos in Poland via UPS.

Sonos’s 3rd party Returns partner (ivytech) supply you with a pre-paid shipping label and customs invoice (of which you print 3 copies for UPS and attach to the parcel).

I’ve attempted this twice (with a new shipping label second time) and both times, UPS have rejected it at the export scan stage, saying “clearance information required” and just returned it to me.

Both times, the customs invoice * 3 have been on the package in clear Documents Enclosed wallets. The first rejection was apparently due to the pre-filled invoice having an inadequate description. Indeed, it was blank. So, when the second set of documents came from IvyTech, I amended the invoice to clearly describe the goods and added the relevant UK commodity code for export.

I’m not the only one having the issue - 

Sonos support have been utterly useless, closing my cases when clearly not resolved, giving me a different case number each time I contact them etc.  At their request, I uploaded a copy of the commercial invoice to them 10 days ago, and was promised it would be looked into by the Returns department who would contact me within 24 hours. I’ve heard nothing, and repeated chasing most every day just yields the same “They’ll get back to you in the next 24 hours” type update.

Has anyone managed to successfully return a piece of Sonos kit from the UK to Poland recently (under their Sonos Money Back Guarantee program). If so, did you have to do anything different to the instructions? Any pointers, hints or tips appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I am trying to return a Roam at the moment and have been told that I need three commercial invoices. Have you found a template that works?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ain't Brexit wonderful....? 

Ha!  I cobbled something together yesterday from various web searches so fingers crossed it get there.