Answered

Group Subwoofer to multiple rooms

• 8 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I have 2 physical rooms very close to each other. My TV room has 2 Sonos Ones. The other room has 2 other sonos ones that are paired and stereod and connected to a sub. I would like to be able to have 5.1 in the TV room after getting the sound bar in the TV room when watching TV. But also have the sub paired to the speaks in the other room when watching TV. What are options for doing this? I would rather not buy 2 subs as the rooms are essentially almost 1 big room. I think my options in most desirable order --

) Have the sub in two different groups simultaneously

) Use the app and remake the groups Everytime I go from listening music to watching TV

) Create group of 1 with the subwoofer and enable it along with the other ones I want depending on watching TV or listening to music

Any help appreciated
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 8 January 2019, 10:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
1) This would entail adding the Sonos Ones to the Playbar/Beam/Playbase as surrounds and then adding the sub either to the TV room for 5.1 or to the Other room. You can then group the TV room and the other room for music listening and the Sub would work as anticipated. If the source were TV, however, there will be a delay of around 70ms in the sound playing in Other room Vs what is playing in the TV room - this would likely be unlivable with

2) Yes this could be done. But. You would need to redo Trueplay each time and also you'd get pretty sick of doing it.

3) Not possible. The Sub must be paired with another Sonos speaker

Ultimately the decision will be based on your requirements and your split of TV/music watching and the type of TV it is.

I suggest you buy 1 Sub and have a play